- This event has passed.
Reversing the Tide II
July 17, 2019—July 19, 2019
You’re invited to join us for the second edition of REVERSING THE TIDE!
(If you’re unable to join the full 3 day event in-person in Santa Barbara, California, you can register to hear some of the July 19th presentations via webinar at a date TBD.)
I’d like to invite you to join us for “Reversing the Tide II” July 17th – 19th: the second annual Toniic event combining an eco-excursion with presentations of investment opportunities to support ocean health and sustainability!
There will be in-person events July 17th, 18th and 19th.
Wednesday, July 17th: Arrival & Sustainable Change Alliance Ocean Impact Discussion, Happy Hour & Group Dinner
You’re invited to kick off Reversing the Tide II on Wednesday, July 17th with a Sustainable Change Alliance Ocean Impact Discussion from 3-5pm followed by a networking happy hour and group dinner. We encourage all participants to join on the 17th if you can; these activities will set the stage for the rest of the event.
Thursday, July 18th: Excursion to Santa Cruz Island
Join us for a day long adventure, followed by dinner. Our eco adventure will be a tour out to Santa Cruz Island, the largest of California’s Channel Islands and location of the fastest endangered species recovery and restoration programs in US history. You will have a chance to explore the Island’s interior where few are able to venture. This field excursion involves:
- a boat crossing with whale and other spectacular marine mammal sightings (megapods of dolphins, blue and humpback whales, seals, sea lions)
- venturing into into the Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary and National Park
- Transportation on Island will be in field vehicles and on foot.
- Bring your mask and snorkel to swim with leopard sharks and bat rays at the end of the day!
Friday, July 19th: Breakfast, Impact Investment Presentations and Group Lunch
There will be a number of presentations on July 19th from social entrepreneurs, business leaders, funds and institutions focusing on ocean health and sustainability.
- If you are unable to join this event in person, you can catch up on the morning ocean fund presentation via webinar at a date TBD. Please register for the “Attend via Webinar” ticket to receive details about the upcoming webinar when the date has been set. Details about the presenters and their time slots will be shared closer to the event.
Friday’s Agenda Includes the Following Sessions:
- Guiding Ocean Investments, Bren School’s emLab
- Ocean Fund Panel (also webinar available to Global Toniic members)
- Panel: What is the future of Sustainable Aquaculture?
- Propagating New Ocean Entrepreneurs, Bren School’s EcoE
- Panel: How are Ocean Accelerators contributing to Ocean Solutions?
- Panel: What are the Solutions to Ocean Plastic?
- Ocean Technology and Monitoring
- Ocean Philanthropy Panel
- University of California at Santa Barbara