- This event has passed.
REDUCETARIAN: 2017 Summit
May 20, 2017—May 21, 2017$79 – $379
We are thrilled to announce the first ever Reducetarian Summit, which will complement The Reducetarian Solution and bring together perspectives and technologies from all corners of the world to explore how to create a more equitable, compassionate and sustainable food system.
The central question of the 2017 Reducetarian Summit is: “How do we as individuals, organizations, communities, and societies work to systematically decrease meat consumption?”
We will examine a bit of the “why,” but focus heavily on the “how.” By bringing together hundreds of people from all areas of the reducetarian movement, this conference will take a deeper dive into possible solutions for pushing the needle on meat consumption.
The Summit will include high-profile speakers and moderators, workshops, breakout sessions, and panel discussions, multiple networking opportunities, and delicious meals sponsored by Fresh & Co.
- A Broken Food System: How does conventional animal agriculture impact our world?
- Changing Attitudes and Behaviors: How can we leverage mass communications tools and strategic messaging?
- The Rise of Conscious Capitalism: What role do corporations play in reducing societal meat consumption?
- The Politics of Meat: What legislative and regulatory measures can we implement?
- The Plant-Based Revolution: What is the future of plant-based foods in terms of its diversity, accessibility and marketability?
- Innovations in Food Manufacturing: What are the opportunities and challenges associated with culturing and brewing animal products?
- The Culinary Scene: How can chefs, restaurant owners, and other food-service industry leaders push plant-based eating forward?
- Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship: What is the role of impact investing in creating a better capital market?
- Effective Altruism: Given limited resources, how can we use data and reason to monitor and evaluate our results?
Summit: May 20th-21st, 9am – 6pm
Registration: May 20th, 8am – 9am