- This event has passed.
Modern slavery, forced labour and human rights: The business case beyond compliance
October 18, 2018—October 19, 2018
A TWO DAY BUSINESS CONFERENCE ON IDENTIFYING AND MANAGING RISK, MEETING EXPECTATIONS AND TRANSFORMING SUPPLY CHAINS
This forum will equip business delegates with the guidance to develop and implement robust human rights strategies, whilst remaining compliant with all emerging legislation.
Throughout the two days, we’ll place an emphasis on how business can tackle modern slavery and forced labour. We’ll discuss how company practices have evolved since the introduction of legislation, and assess how businesses can continue to progress in removing slavery from supply chains and operations.
- The impact of modern slavery legislation on business: What real change has current legislation evoked and how much will compliance with emerging legislation cost your business?
- Supply chain risk mapping and prioritisation: How business can map high-risk areas, and prioritise resources accordingly
- Due diligence: What level of due diligence is enough to remain compliant and satisfy all key stakeholders, both internally and externally?
- Responsible recruitment: How to ensure that recruitment of workers into your supply chain is been carried out responsibly
- Industry-wide collaboration: The common buzzword is ‘collaboration’, but what is truly needed for a partnership to work and create real change?
- Transparency and reporting: What level of transparency is expected and how can business lead beyond reporting?
- In-depth corporate case studies: Assessment of company approaches to living wage, child labour and gender empowerment
Discover best practices from industry leaders and get in-depth guidance on how to effectively implement policies
Meet & network with an influential audience of key stakeholders, including NGOs, business, government and supply chain actors
Benchmark company performance amongst a room of your peers and discover where you should be focusing efforts
Innovation Forum is:
- Candid: Entirely off-the-record discussion that enables open and honest disclosure from speakers and genuine participation from the audience.
- Practical: A clear focus on the practical and actionable guidance that can drive change throughout industries and supply chains.
- Focused: We provide enough time, resources and expertise to the issues that really matter. We don’t skate the surface, but get to the crux of the issues to provide in-depth, constructive discussion.