- This event has passed.
INNOVATION FORUM: How business can tackle ocean plastic pollution?
October 26, 2017 @ 8:00 AM—October 27, 2017 @ 5:00 PM BST£695 – £1095
Plastic pollution is choking the oceans. Researchers estimate that there are over 150 million tonnes of plastic in the ocean, with a further 8 million tons being dumped every year, and plastic packaging represents the major share of this leakage.
Undoubtedly, the business sector has a significant role to play in the cleaning-up and prevention of ocean pollution. In response to this, we are hosting a two-day multi-stakeholder forum where business, government, innovators and NGOs can come together to discuss and debate the most important issues, and to collaborate in an effort to improve practices and eradicate plastics in the ocean.
The event aims to cover the following issues:
- What is the role of business in reducing plastic pollution?
- How to avoid plastics leakage in the ocean – Innovative technologies to reduce inland waste and keep the oceans clean
- What are the impacts on human health and the likely impacts for business?
- Global governance: how to improve the global flow of plastics
- Changing trends: how to engage your consumers to properly use and dispose plastics
- Legislative landscape – What are governments doing to tackle ocean plastics pollution?
- Closing the loop: how to create effective partnerships to avoid plastics leakage in the ocean
- Consumer engagement – Can consumers REALLY reduce the amount of plastic that ends up in the ocean. Or is it down to business to make the necessary changes?