- This event has passed.
Hacking Food: Bay Area Sustainable Food & Agriculture Festival
July 24, 2019 @ 1:00 PM—7:00 PM EDT
Are you interested in new trends and topics in the sustainable food industry? Want to get to know innovative Bay Area food entrepreneurs? Curious to meet the funders investing in food & agriculture enterprises? Or are you a curious foodie that wants to try new products? Then join us for an engaging and inspiring day focusing on all things food!
Hacking Food is an interactive festival that lets you sample delicious products while learning first-hand from local entrepreneurs, investors and food industry professionals about what it takes to build a successful food brand that prioritizes people and the planet. These founders and funders are taking on some of the world’s biggest problems in the food sector in the most innovative ways.
With live demonstrations, company showcases, and educational talks and workshops, you’ll get a taste of the thriving Bay Area sustainable food scene and meet the players creating social impact in our area and beyond.
Social entrepreneurs, investors, venture capitalists and everyone else interested in food is welcome to this unique event.
Come out to meet some amazing people and get inspired!
AGENDA (see our growing speaker list):
10:30AM-1PM: Morning roundtables (space permitting, by invitation)
- A. Fund Managers Roundtable
- B. Angel Investors Roundtable
- C. Entrepreneurs Roundtable
1:30: Program kick off
1:45: Opening Panel/ Keynote speaker
- Bob Quinn, Organic Farmer, author of Grain by Grain: : A Quest to Revive Ancient Wheat, Rural Jobs, and Healthy Food
- Liz Carlisle, Lecturer, School of Earth. Energy, and Environmental Sciences at Stanford University; author of Grain by Grain
2:30: Business showcase: B2B food businesses – See our growing list of entrepreneurs
- Eric Adamson, Co-Founder & CEO, Tortouga AgTech
- Jim Flatt, Co-Founder & CEO, BrightSeed
- Joe Pickrell, CEO, Gencove
3:00: Corporate Showcase – see our growing list of speakers
3:30: Networking break
4:00 Breakout sessions:
1) Innovative Technology in Producing & Distributing Sustainable Food
- Christine Su, Co-Founder & CEO, Pasturemap
- Chuck Templeton, Managing Director, S2G Ventures
- Raja Ramachandran, Founder, Ripe.io
2) Opportunities in Plant based Proteins
- Dan Altschuler Malek, Managing Partner, Unovis Partners & New Crop Capital
- Miyoko Schinner, Founder & CEO, Miyoko’s
3) Funding Sustainable Food & Agriculture Companies
5:00: Networking break
5:30: Business showcase: B2C food businesses – See our growing list of entrepreneurs
- Sylvia Charles, CEO, Just Date Syrup
- Kelsey Witherow, CEO of Doughp
- Michelle Wolf, Co-founder, New Wave Foods
6:30: Reception and Networking