- This event has passed.
GLOBE: Capital 2017
April 4, 2017—April 5, 2017
A new summit for leaders to discuss how to mobilize and accelerate the capital necessary to transform our economy.
To ensure prosperity through the coming decades, economies will need to invest heavily in a low-carbon future. GLOBE Capital will bring together private and public sector leaders who will explore how to open the floodgates of capital necessary to fully realize this opportunity. Participants will engage in candid, high-level discussions focusing on three main themes and how they intersect: Infrastructure, Finance & Markets, and Innovation. We’ll learn about and consider the tools and approaches needed around the world by industry, governments, cities, and communities to accelerate investment, mitigate risk, and enhance returns.
21st Century Infrastructure
• What type of infrastructure is necessary for prosperous economies to thrive?
• How will the private sector innovate to deliver it?
• How can government support industry in creating high-performance buildings, distributed energy, mass transit systems, and smart grids?
• What role do disruptive technologies, such as the Internet of Things, play?
Financing and Markets
Who will pay to transform our economies and build essential infrastructure?
• How can green bonds, green banks and other financial instruments be effectively utilized?
• How do we leverage innovative partnerships?
Policy and Innovation
• What are the barriers to clean-tech investment and low carbon infrastructure?
• How can governments help to lower barriers and accelerate the deployment of capital?
• What policies, strategies, and agreements are necessary for a smooth transition?