Collective Impact Projects allow the Conveners.org community come together to address shared challenges and identify opportunities for collaborative solutions. The On-Going Group Communication CIP was charged with identifying the optimal resource for communication among program managers to enable more effective collaboration. The open question raised during the Co-Hosted Session at SOCAP15 was: “Should we consolidate our disparate conversations and more effectively communicate between accelerators?”
We are excited to announce the launch of a two-part solution:
- Regular monthly half-hour Stand Up Accelerator Calls through Zoom.us; paired with
- An always-available GoogleGroup listserv called Accelerating the Accelerators Connection.
The vision is for a vital resource and on-going connection for peer support. These are some of the areas of collaboration that came up in our first call:
- Identifying tried-and-true advice on solutions, tools, resources, best practices;
- Introductions for face-to-face meetings particularly when planning a trip; and
- Drawing attention to interesting developments in the social enterprise space looking six months out.
These calls help to instill strong sense of community and bolster online engagement. The inaugural call saw enthusiastic participation of eleven attendees and an engaging discussion led by Ryan Ross of Halcyon Incubator. You can find the notes here.
We are looking forward to the next call on Wednesday April 27th at 8 a.m. PDT. If you and/or someone you know is interested in joining, please email Kelly Stenhoff and she will sign you up for the AtA Connection group and send you a Google Calendar invitation.