Diversity Abroad is excited to announce that the 5th Annual Diversity Abroad Conference will be held in Minneapolis, MN, on March 19 – 22, 2017, hosted by the Learning Abroad Center of the University of MN Twin Cities Campus. The 2017 conference marks the 10 year anniversary of Diversity Abroad! This milestone provides an opportunity for the international education community to both celebrate the progress we’ve made in expanding access and support for diverse and underrepresented students and chart a path forward toward inclusive excellence in global education. The annual Diversity Abroad Conference — along with the Global Student Leadership Summit & the MSI Global Education Summit — constitutes the most comprehensive national forum on issues of access, diversity, equity, and inclusion in global education.
Whether your interested in exploring the value of diversity in international education, looking for new and creative ways to interact with students from a variety of different backgrounds or seeking ways to collaborate with other professionals in the field, this conference is not to be missed. You should attend the Diverity Abroad Conference if you are interested in:
• Gaining a better understanding of the developments in the area of diversity as it relates to global education
• Working with colleagues from around the nation to generate the meaningful responses to the challenges institutions of higher education face in connecting with, training, and retaining diverse and underrepresented populations for international opportunities.
• Discovering what others institutions are doing to better serve the needs of diverse underrepresented students in international education.
• Gaining a practical understanding for how to serve your diverse underrepresented students.
• Using your time at the conference to identify opportunities to engage and collaborate with colleagues from other institutions.
Build Practical/Technical Skills, Build Trust and Community, Gather Shared Intelligence and Resources, Generate and Refine Ideas, Inspire and Encourage Participants, Share Latest Developments and Insights
Civil Society Leaders, Corporations, Foundations, Government Leaders, Non-Profit Practitioners, Students, Youth